Chief Inspiration Officer, nFold
Izane is the Chief Inspiration Officer at nFold, a strategic proposal and pitch consultancy in South Africa.
She started her career in business development at global giants, including IBM, Compaq, and Westcon, before honing her passion for winning business through sales responses like proposals, tenders, and presentations.
Izane established the group bid office at EOH, an ICT company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. She developed and implemented processes, tools and templates that grew the bid team to a 23-person unit supporting +- 230 different business units. During this time, she served on the APMP SA chapter as a committee member and as chair.
Over and above the countless educational contributions she made to her previous organisations, she has also presented and trained at several South African APMP events.
She has written several articles published on Bidding Quarterly, LinkedIn, TFM Magazine, Lionesses of Africa and other newsletters.
A few highlights from the past two years:
- Izane presented at BPC Europe 2022, the signature in-person APMP bid & proposal event held in Amsterdam. Her talk about what William Shakespeare knew about making bid/no-bid decisions was recognised as one of the conference’s highlights.
- In 2021, Izane and her business partner Larissa Cornelius hosted a session at the online version of BPC Europe, “From OK to Awesome: How to improve bid office performance through KPIs”.
- She led a series of Lightbulb moments webinars, exploring proposal management technology.
- She also presented a session about Bid or no-bid decisions at the 2021 Smart Procurement World Indaba, South Africa’s largest procurement and inbound supply chain event. The previous year, she co-hosted a session at the Indaba titled: “Invasion of the proposal aliens”.
- The Lionesses of Africa, a 1.5-million-member social enterprise working to advance Africa’s women entrepreneurs, invited Izane to train a select group of women entrepreneurs enrolled in an accelerated incubator programme on “Perfecting your pitch, learning to negotiate and closing your sales”.
In 2019 she obtained her APMP professional certification, one of only 10 APMP certified proposal professionals in South Africa at that time.
Izane is a compassionate leader with a rare and innate ability to develop people. She inspires success in others through thought leadership, training, and strategy development.