STUDIES & SELF DEVELOPMENT
Born and bred in Jouberton, Klerksdorp. Matriculated at Batswana Commercial High School in Mahikeng with Economics, Business Economics and Accounting as major subjects.
Studied part-time at the North West University (NWU- Mahikeng Campus) and obtained B. Comm (Management), B. Comm Hons (Strategic Management) and M. Comm (Strategic Management) degrees. The Phd studies in Management were put on hold due to work pressures. Completed numerous Banking and Small Business Development Courses and an International Small Business/ Cooperatives Development Course in Israel.
Started working at First National Bank Mahikeng branch (Then Barclays Bank) from 1982 to 1989 (7yrs). Served FNB as Savings Clerk, Savings Supervisor, Branch and Agency Teller, General Office Check Clerk and Foreign Exchange Supervisor.
Joined the North West Development Corporation (NWDC), then BNDC from 1989 to 1996 (7yrs). Served NWDC as Trainee Business Counsellor, Business Counsellor, Business Trainer, Regional Liaison Officer and Regional Manager – Small Business Development for Ditsobotla Region, covering Lichtenburg, Itsoseng, Delareyville and all surrounding villages.
Was recruited to ABSA Bank, then in the process of merging Volkskas Bank, Allied Bank Trust Bank and United Bank, during 1996 and served until 2004 (8yrs) in different portfolios, viz; Provincial Manager New Enterprise Banking (SMME’s) – North West Province, Regional Manager Flexi Banking Services (mass market) covering the North West, Free State and Northern Cape Provinces. Was appointed as the Provincial General Manager (Delivery Channel Services – DCS) in the North West Province, responsible for client’s services rendered by all ABSA Branches in the Province.
Joined the North West Provincial Government (then Department of Economic Development and Tourism) in 2004 and served until 2014 (10yrs). Served in the following portfolios; Chief Director – Economic Sector Analysis and Development (2yrs), Acting Head of Department (1yr), Head of Department (5yrs) and Acting Director General for the Province (2yrs). Started an informal Private Small Business Consulting Services and Facilitation of Strategic Planning sessions. He joined The Institute Of Municipal Finance Officers (IMFO), now Chartered Institute of Government Finance, Audit & Risk Officers (CIGFARO) as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) from August 2016 till to date.
Lectured part-time at the NWU – Mahikeng Campus between 2001 and 2003 (2,5yrs) offering Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship Courses to 2nd, 3rd year and Honours students.
BUSINESS & COMMUNITY COMMITTEES SERVED
- North West Provincial SMME Strategy Advisory Council – Finance Task Group (1997)
- Provincial Adjudication Panel: Local Business Service Centres Accreditation (SMME Desk & Ntsika Enterprise Promotion Agency). (1998)
- Regional and Provincial Selection Panel: Innovative Disabled Entrepreneurs Award Scheme (Ideas) – Ntsika Enterprise Promotion Agency. (1998/9)
- Technology For Women In Business (TWIB) – National Steering Committee. (1998)
- District Entrepreneurs Seminars Planning Committee. (1999)
- 1st Provincial Women Entrepreneurs Conference Planning Committee (Women Indaba “99”) (1999)
- North West Premier’s Entrepreneurial Award Plenary Committee as a Facilitator. (2001 – 2003)
- Technical Advisory Committee – Tender For SMME’s Training In North West Province
- North West Millennium Fund Board. (2000)
- Graduate School Of Business And Government Leadership Board (North West University – Mafikeng Campus) (2001-2003)
- Potchefstroom Business School (North West University Potchefstroom Campus) (2013 – 2015).
- Currently serving as the Chairperson for the Mahikeng and Excelsius (Klerksdorp) Nursing Colleges Council.
Subscribes to the principle of;
“Doing the right things right the first time – Basic recipe for success.”
Acknowledge the fact that his strength of being formal, assertive and systematic on Corporate Governance matters may be perceived as being too rigid and unwilling to adapt to the dynamic/changing environment. He adapts to dynamic environment without compromising the basic principles of full compliance to Good Corporate Governance dictates.