Workshop 1: KING 1V PROCUREMENT CHECKPOINT
KING 1V PROCUREMENT CHECKPOINT | A Summary of the King IV Report on Corporate Governance™ for South Africa and Procurement Implications
– What does the King IV™ mean for procurement and supply chain practitioners?
This workshop will provide you with an understanding of key Corporate Governance principles that every procurement and Supply Chain practitioner should know and offers practical advice on some complex procurement matters and scenarios.
Gavin Weiman, Legal Expert and Consultant: King V1, Weiman Legal Consulting
Workshop 2: THE NEGOTIATOR
THE NEGOTIATOR | Creating Leverage In Your Procurement Negotiations
How can you still produce procurement value in mature, regularly sourced categories in the face of rising prices? This workshop will help you get the best deals all the time through strategic negotiations, especially when you are challenged to show how procurement should deliver value in an economic downturn?
– What is the secret to a meticulously negotiated enterprise agreement?
– Learn the ultimate science and art of strategic negotiations – Don’t just bring the price down – show value and the price/ cost will come down automatically.
Mark Raffan, The Negotiations Ninja, International Procurement Veteran & Recognised Expert on Procurement Negotiations, USA
Workshop 3: VALUE FOR MONEY
VALUE FOR MONEY | Measuring Value for Money In Public Sector Procurement Projects
An international insight into how you measure and maximise value for money in procurement projects?
– Post-award contract and project monitoring
– What should be monitored and how should it be monitored?
– Physical and financial monitoring
– Process monitoring
– Minimise the risk of project failure
– Stakeholder engagement
Nompumelelo Khumalo, Specialist: Monitoring and Evaluation, National Development Agency (NDA)
Workshop 4: POST COVID-19 SUPPLIER PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
POST COVID-19 SUPPLIER PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT | Supplier Management
This workshop will prepare you for the hard conversations demanded by COVID-19 realities and will introduce you to modern-day supplier performance management strategies that you absolutely need to include in your next SLA with your key suppliers.
Ernie Claassen, Procurement Coach and Contract Management Expert, South Africa
Workshop 5: SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT | Essentials of Public Sector Supply Chain Management
This workshop is the building block needed to succeed as a public sector supply chain practioner. It helps you to to develop capacity needed to apply the principles and processes of Supply Chain Management as prescribed by the Public Finance Management Act and relevant prescripts issued by National Treasury
– Understand how to apply the relevant legislation that governs supply chain management within the public service
Shaun Scott, Director and Supply Chain Consultant, Worldwide Integrated Logistics, Co-Author: Public Sector Supply Chain Management
Workshop 6: AGILE PROCUREMENT
AGILE PROCUREMENT | What It Is and How to Implement it
Traditional procurement works on legacy systems and frameworks. Decisions aren’t hurried. Lots of time is taken with each of the procurement stages – identifying the needs, outlining the procurement plan, selecting suppliers, issuing RFQ, tender evaluation, contract terms and conditions and supply chain management. Agile procurement, on the other hand, focuses on time and speed to achieve a quick turnaround and delivery excellence. To achieve this, some steps are combined or eliminated completely.
• How do you determine if agile procurement is right for your organisation?
• How do you implement and apply agility in your procurement processes?
• Does agility compromise value in procurement?
• How do you ensure high-value deliverables and reach your customers in the shortest time possible?
Ndabeni Bagosi (MBA), Supply Chain Management-Thought Leader, South Africa
Workshop 7: LEVERAGING CONTRACTS
LEVERAGING CONTRACTS | How to Use Contracts to Your Advantage and to Generate Real Value for Your Organisation
A recent study revealed that 70% of CFOs only see procurement’s added value as cost savings and their point of departure when querying escalating costs is the contract documents. According to the study, 70% of procurement professionals don’t know how to negotiate a contract in a way that they can demonstrate value beyond cost savings. In other words, they cant prove value!
Where does the real value lie in a contract and how do you demonstrate it to your C-Suite?
Existing contracts can be a tricky affair but how do you use your existing contracts to generate more value for your organisation? And how do you start the conversation without being guilty of supplier bullying? – Learn how to use every contract to your advantage
Workshop 8: STRATEGIC SOURCING STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT
STRATEGIC SOURCING DIGITAL STRATEGY | Implementation of Strategic Sourcing in the Public Sector From a Digital Perspective
– What are the barriers to implement a digital strategy to enable strategic sourcing in the public sector?
– What has been the impact of a good digital strategy on procurement performance in public sector institutions where strategic sourcing has been implemented?
– What informs that your organisation is ready to implement strategic sourcing?
– How do you develop an effective sourcing strategy for the public sector?
– How do you navigate compliance roadblocks?
Maurice Sayinzoga, Senior Manager, Policy & Research, Digital Impact Alliance