Post Event Workshops
Thursday, 15 September 2022
ALL DAY WORKSHOPS | 09h00 – 15h30
PROCURING IN TIMES OF CRISIS – HEALTHCARE PROCUREMENT CASE STUDY | Dealing with Sourcing Very Large Government Procurement Needs
This workshop is about demonstrating the importance of an effective healthcare procurement strategy, especially in times of crisis.
- Building resilience in the healthcare procurement system through localisation and small business development.
- Looking at supplier development initiatives in the healthcare supply chain and ways to get black-owned suppliers in the space
- Enabling emergency institutional logistics and building capacity to ensure a seamless healthcare delivery system in times of disaster
- Ways to combat corruption and promote transparency in the healthcare system when procuring in a disaster
- Unpacking the risks and procurement lessons learnt from the healthcare system during COVID-19
Santie Roy, Director: SCM, Department of Health, Western Cape Provincial Government